DESOTEC Activated Carbon is an international developer, producer and supplier of purification solutions mainly based on activated carbon technology. Our complete solutions include the supply of a wide range of mobile adsorption systems, and the recycling of spent activated carbon.
The scope of this policy covers the whole of the DESOTEC Group.
We are committed to run our business in a responsible and sustainable way. We manage our environmental and social impacts, whilst creating economic value and whilst handling the specific challenges , presented to us as a rapidly growing organization.
We believe that sustainability is the driver of a continuous improvement process that guarantees the strengthening of our economic performances, our reputation and the wellbeing of our employees and other stakeholders.
In order to ensure this responsible, sustainable approach, we will:
- create awareness amongst our employees on sustainability by communicating the company’s strategy and sustainability initiatives in order to ensure all employees are committed to implementing and improving our ways of working
- communicate our approach externally: to customers, suppliers, partners and other stakeholders
- respect human rights
- treat our employees fairly: ensure good working conditions, offer development opportunities, guarantee equal opportunities without any discrimination
- do the necessary to minimize risks and to eliminate the causes that can jeopardize the health and safety of our employees and other stakeholders
- respect the law and comply with regulations of the individual countries in which we operate and take sustainability initiatives beyond the legal regulations
- encourage (key) suppliers to uphold the highest standards of fair business practices and ethics by means of our supplier code of conduct, which includes:
- legal aspects and intellectual property rights
- employment conditions
- health and safety
- environmental aspects
- do the necessary to minimize the environmental impact of our activities, to reduce our energy consumption, our emissions and our waste production
- adopt environmental and quality management systems (ISO 14001 & ISO 9001) with the aim of continuously improving our performances and managing risks
- encourage ideas and innovation - internally and with our supply chain - that can create financial savings and can benefit our customers, other stakeholders, the environment and the society we live in
- set targets and regularly monitor, review and report on our sustainability performance
Furthermore, we are committed to conduct our business in an honest, transparent and ethical way and therefore take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption. We therefore implemented an anti-bribery and anti-corruption policy which needs to be respected by all of our employees and all of those associated with Desotec.
If you would like more information regarding the sustainability report or policy statement, please contact us at email@example.com.