Desotec, a Belgium-based company acquired by Blackstone in 2021, is Europe’s leading provider of mobile filtration solutions. Our broad range of solutions enable customers to comply with environmental regulations and sustainability requirements through a unique and innovative closed-loop, “Filtration-as-a-Service” rental solution.
Since its inception in 1990, Desotec has pioneered the market for mobile filters, achieving exponential growth across its five key application fields of air emissions, biogas, chemicals, remediation, and wastewater. Headquartered in Roeselare, Belgium, DESOTEC today employs approximately 250 people across Europe, and has continued to expand into new markets throughout the last decade.
Desotec is now stepping into the USA with solutions for the growing filtration demands in North America, leveraging our European expertise, and are targeting further exponential growth in a market which has enormous potential for our applications. Pioneer Sales Engineers are therefore more than welcome!
To protect the planet – that’s our mission at DESOTEC
Desotec's sustainable mobile filtration solutions based on activated carbon are deployed for the treatment of Air Emissions, Wastewater, Remediation, Chemicals and Biogas. Through a rental model, our filters are distributed to production companies. Once the filter is saturated, it is replaced, and the spent carbon sent for recycling & re-use. That is how we unburden our customers of the administrative, moral, logistical and ecological consequences of their purification needs. The result: they can focus 100% on what really counts - sustainable production.
That is how we fight for (y)our brighter future!
The Blackstone Group (NYSE:BX) is one of the world's preeminent and most innovative investment firms. They seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for their investors, the companies they invest in, and the communities in which they work. Blackstone does this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Their $975 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, noninvestment grade credit, real assets, and secondary funds, all on a global basis.
The Firm was founded in 1985 by Stephen A. Schwarzman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and Peter G. Peterson, who retired as Senior Chairman in 2008. Today, Blackstone is a firm of more than 3,795 employees in 26 offices worldwide. Its portfolio companies employ more than 500,000 people across the globe. The Firm’s investment objective is to preserve and grow limited partners’ capital; provide financial security for millions of retirees and sovereign wealth funds, as well as other institutional and individual investors; and contribute to overall economic growth.
The Role: B2B Technical Sales Engineer(s): West Coast, East Coast, Gulf Coast
· have a heart for business development?
· want to be a pioneer in the USA in the field of mobile filtration solutions based on activated carbon?
· look forward to a varied job with impact that allows you to apply your commercial skills and technical knowledge?
· have a heart for sustainability
· and do you want to contribute to a better and cleaner world?
Then the position of B2B Technical Sales Engineer at Desotec is right up your alley!
As a B2B Technical Sales Engineer, you’ll get the chance to…
· develop our business in your area within the USA within the field of liquid and gas purification within the company’s strategic target markets: Air emission, Wastewater, Biogas, Remediation & Chemicals,
· provide technical and commercial solutions to customers at all levels: purchasing, process engineering, plant management,
· analyze the customer’s technical and commercial needs and to translate them into the most optimal solution, accompanied by suitable follow-up and service,
· work independently from a home office base.
Who are you as a B2B Technical Sales Engineer?
· You are a (bio-)chemical or environmental engineer with strong analytical skills.
· You are based in the one of Desotec’s key growth regions:
- West coast (Oregon, Nevada or California)
- East coast (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, Pennsylvania or New York)
- Gulf coast (Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Louisiana)
· You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· You have several years of technical sales experience in a related sector.
· You look forward to traveling frequently with regular stays overnight in your area.
· Prospection & business development is your second nature.
What does your team look like as a B2B Technical Sales Engineer?
You will report to the the CEO of Desotec U.S., and be supported in your role by the Group CCO, the local Internal Sales team, your national and international Sales Engineering-colleagues and the Business Development team.
What do you get in return for your work as a B2B Technical Sales Engineer?
· You will receive a competitive and motivating salary package in line with your experience.
· You will become part of a dynamic, exponentially growing, innovative, sustainable company, with a clear vision to expand globally.
· You will be a pioneer and therefore play a key role in Desotec’s expansion in the USA as one of our Sales Engineers in North America.
· You will get continuous opportunities for further professional development and growth.